21. Lemon and Lime Cookie Crisps
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups confectioner’s sugar
Cream together the butter and the sugar.
Add the egg, one tablespoon of the lemon juice, one tablespoon of the lime juice, the lemon zest, 1 tablespoon of lime zest, and vanilla. Mix together.
Add the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flour. Combine until all ingredients are well mixed.
Using a small ice cream scoop, place equal amounts evenly spaced on a baking sheet that has been lined with a Silpat pad or parchment paper. The dough is quite wet and sticky, so a spring-form ice cream scoop is highly recommended.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Allow to cool on the baking sheets for five minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
Once completely cooled, prepare the icing by whisking together 1 1/2 cups of confectioners’ sugar with 1 tablespoon each of lemon juice and lime juice.
Depending on the consistency of the prepared icing, you might need to add a little more juice or sugar to obtain a silky smooth icing.
Drizzle the icing onto the cooled cookies. Sprinkle the remaining lime zest over top before icing hardens.
Allow the icing to completely set and harden before packaging or storing the cookies.