20. Slow Cooker Lemon Thyme Butter Carrots
- 2 lbs carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped thyme + more for garnish
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 2 tsp. brown sugar (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Add carrots and onions to a 6-quart slow cooker (4-quart works, too! Just stir a bit more often.) Combine butter, thyme, zest, and lemon juice in a small bowl until thoroughly combined. Pour over carrots. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on high heat for 3 hours, stirring halfway through.
- Near the end of cook time, stir in 1 to 2 teaspoons of sugar depending on tartness of lemon juice (I prefer no sugar!)
- Garnish with additional thyme if desired and serve!