23. Lemon Snowball Cookie
- 1/2 cup Crisco
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- Grated Lemon Grind of 1 Lemon
- 1 Egg
- 3 TBSP Lemon Juice
- 1 TSBP Water
- 1 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour, sifted
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1/2 cup Walnuts, finely chopped
- Confectionery Sugar
- Sift together flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream together Crisco and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add lemon rind and egg, beat well.
- Stir in water and lemon juice.
- Add sifted flour mixture, blend well.
- Stir in nuts by hand.
- Refrigerate dough 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Dust your hands with flour, and roll a small ball of dough between them (approximately 1″ ball.)
- Place 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes until bottoms are slightly brown.
- Immediately remove cookies from the cookie sheet, and roll them in confectionery sugar.
Makes 3 dozen Lemon Snowball Cookies
Originally posted 2019-03-12 14:02:07.