14. No Bake Raspberry Lemon Cookie Cups
For the cookie cups:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- zest from one lemon
- pinch of salt
For the raspberry filling:
- 1 ounce freeze dried raspberries , or more as needed
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut cream or full fat coconut milk, chilled overnight
- 1 teaspoon sweetener of choice (powdered sugar, maple syrup or natural sweetener)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 12 raspberries
- To make the cookie cups, line a standard size muffin tin with plastic wrap. Add all of the ingredients for the cookie cups (almond flour through salt) to a food processor. Pulse until well blended and the mixture starts to clump. Using a 1-1/2 inch or 2 inch cookie scoop, divide the mixture among the prepared muffin tins. Press mixture into each cup. Use the back of the scoop to make a small indentation in the cup. Chill the cookie crust cups in the refrigerator for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight.
- To make the raspberry filling, pulse the freeze dried raspberries in a food processor until finely ground (you will have a powder); set aside. Remove the can of coconut cream from the fridge and flip the can over on the counter. Open the can and remove any liquid that settled on top of the cream. Scoop the thick coconut cream into the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Whisk until creamy, about 30 seconds. Add the sweetener and vanilla and whisk until fluffy, about one minute. Using a small sifter or mesh sieve, sift the raspberry powder into the bowl of the mixer, separating and discarding the dried raspberry seeds (add more or less of the freeze dried raspberry powder, depending on taste, as desired). Mix on medium speed until well blended.
- To assemble the cookie cups, remove cookie crust cups from fridge. Remove cups from muffin tin by gently pulling up on the plastic wrap. Remove from plastic wrap and pipe raspberry cream filling onto each cup. Top with raspberries and serve immediately or refrigerate for up to one hour before serving.
Other Recipes: Buttery Walnut Toffee Candy – Keto, Low Carb, THM S Recipes - Best Recipes Collection
- It is important to keep these cups refrigerated until just prior to serving. I usually take them out of the fridge 15 to 30 minutes before serving to bring to room temperature. These cups become soft at warm temperaures. If the cups soften, return to fridge and chill.
- You can store these in the fridge for longer than one hour, but I noticed that the color intensifies because of the pigment in the raspberries when they sat in the fridge for long periods of time or overnight.
- Always use coconut cream (I use Trader Joe’s brand) or full fat coconut milk. The coconut cream works best and different brands of coconut milk are known to produce different results when making whipped coconut cream. Using coconut cream ensures that the filling will be smooth and thick.
Originally posted 2019-03-12 14:02:07.