13. Lemon Lemon Sugar Cookies
- 4 Sticks (2 Cups) Butter, Softened
- 3 Cups Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Lemon Extract
- Zest from 4 Large Lemons
- Juice from 2 Large Lemons
- 4-1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Cup Lemon Sugar (mix 1 Cups Sugar with the zest of 3 Lemons)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Line cookie sheets with parchment papers
- Cream Together Butter and Sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment.
- Add the Lemon Extract, Juice and Zest from the lemons and the Eggs (one at a time). Continue to mix for another minute until thoroughly mixed.
- In a separate bowl, mix together Baking Powder, Sea Salt and the Flour.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry. Fold together. Mix until just combined, do not over mix.
- Use a 1 TBS size scoop and make uniform size “balls” of cookie dough. Roll each “ball” in the Lemon Sugar, coating generously. Place on Cookie Sheet about 2 inches apart. Take the back of a spoon and lightly press down on each cookie.
- Bake for 12 minutes until just barely starting to brown.
- Allow to cool for 3 minutes on the cookie sheets before moving to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container.
- Serve with a Cup of tea, coffee or Ice Cold Glass of Milk and ENJOY!
Originally posted 2019-03-12 14:02:07.