11. Strawberry Lemon Cookie Bars With Lemon Glaze
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbs lemon zest
- 1 cup of room temperature butter
- 1 tbs of lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup diced fresh strawberries (don’t use frozen please)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer cream sugar and butter together.
- Mix in egg, lemon juice and zest.
- Mix in flour mixture.
- Fold in diced strawberries by hand.
- Line an 8 x 8 baking dish with foil.
- Press dough into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for about 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
- Let the bars cool before cutting and glazing.
- For the Glaze : 1 cup of confectioners sugar and the juice of half a lemon. Whisk together and pour over cut and cooled bars.