15. Triple Berry Lemon Cookie Cups
For the cookie cups:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
For the lemon filling:
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups mixed berries
- To make the cookie cups, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 12 standard size muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add egg, vanilla and lemon zest; mix until combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing on low speed until incorporated.
- Using a 1 1/2 inch cookie scoop, scoop dough into muffin tin, dividing the dough evenly among cups. Press cookie dough into bottom of cup and press about 1/2 way up the sides of each cup, forming a cup shape. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are golden.
- Remove from oven. Using the back of an ice cream scoop or tablespoon, press down on the center of each cookie to form a cup. Allow to cool completely.
- To make lemon filling, in a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese at medium speed until smooth. Add sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice and beat until smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes. Using a pastry bag or spoon, fill cookie cups with filling. Top with mixed berries. Serve immediately
Originally posted 2019-03-12 14:02:07.