9. Instant Pot Vegan Chili
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 8 oz Seitan optional OR
- 2 cups Cauliflower Crumbles optional
- 8 oz Mushrooms optional
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder optional
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 15oz can pinto beans low sodium
- 1 15oz can kidney beans low sodium
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce low sodium
- 1 15oz can diced tomatoes (fire roasted)
- 1 6oz can tomato paste
- 2 Tbs Masa Tamale Flour
- Chop all vegetables and add to IP
- Lightly saute vegetables in a small amount of water, veg broth, or bean juice (aquafaba) until softened
- If using – add seitan, cauliflower crumbles, or mushrooms for a meat substitute. Note: All of these are optional and you could just add another can of beans.
- Add water and all spices except Masa and stir well
- Mix in beans and stir well
- Add tomato sauce and diced tomatoes to TOP of stew and DO NOT STIR
- Add lid to IP and set to MANUAL mode for 10 minutes. Allow to naturally vent when completed for 10 minutes before CAREFULLY releasing any additional pressure.
- Stir in tomato paste, any last minute garnishes, and Masa flour.
- Let rest for 10 minutes to thicken, stirring occasionally
Originally posted 2019-03-12 14:01:51.