24. Instant Pot Poblano White Beans
- 2 cups Chopped tomatillos
- 1 cup Chopped poblano, seed and stems removed before chopping
- 1 cup Chopped Onion
- 1/2 Jalapeño, without seeds, or use more to make it hotter
- 1 1/2 tsp. Ground cumin
Pressure Cooker Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups Dried Great Northern beans, soaked for 8-12 hours and drained
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 2 tsp. Dried oregano
- To Taste Salt and Pepper
- For the sauté, add the tomatillos, poblano, onion and jalapeño to your blender or food processor. Pulse until the veggies are in tiny pieces, but not pureed.
- Use the sauté setting over normal, or medium heat, and pour in the blended veggies; add the cumin and stir to combine. Cook for about 4 minutes to remove the edge off the onions and make the cumin more fragrant.
- For the pressure cooker, add the beans, water and oregano to the sauté mixture and stir to combine. Put the lid on and make sure that the steam release handle is sealed. Cook on manual setting at high pressure and set for 35 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally.
- If there is still more liquid in the pot than you’d like to have, switch back to the sauté setting and simmer to allow some of the liquid to evaporate.
- Add salt and pepper to taste before serving.
Originally posted 2019-03-12 14:01:51.