12. Vegan Carrot Ginger Soup (Instant Pot)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger finely chopped
- 5 cups carrots peeled & chopped
- 900 mL vegetable broth
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 can 400mL/ 13.5 oz coconut milk
- juice of 1/2 lime
- Cook onion in olive oil using sauté function on your Instant Pot for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the garlic & ginger, cook 1-2 more minutes. Turn off sauté function.
- Add carrots, stock, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Put the lid on, turn vent to ‘sealed’ and cook on manual high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Do a quick pressure release after time is up.
- Blend until smooth with an immersion blender
- Stir in coconut milk and lime juice, and enjoy!
- Cook onion in olive oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the garlic & ginger, cook 1-2 more minutes.
- Add carrots, stock, salt, pepper and thyme, and stir to combine. Cook for 20-30 minutes, until carrots are soft.
- Blend until smooth with an immersion blender.
- Stir in coconut milk and lime juice, and enjoy