21. Chickpea Potato Soup in Instant Pot
- 1/4 cup water or broth
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/8 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme or use a tsp fresh rosemary
- 1 large potato cubed small ( I use yukon gold or white,)
- 3/4 cup carrots
- 1/2 cup other veggies like peppers mushrooms, zucchini, broccoli
- 1.25 cups cooked chickpeas or 1 15 oz can chickpeas drained
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup non dairy milk such as coconut milk almond milk or cashew milk
- 2 cups Spinach
- freshly ground black pepper for garnish , lemon juice (optional)
- Add broth in the Instant Pot on saute. Add onion and garlic cook until golden. Deglaze with a tbsp of water in between if needed. (See Stove top Saucepan instructions in Recipe note section below. )
- Add the chopped tomato and mix. Add the spices and herbs and mix in.
- Add veggies, chickpeas, salt, non dairy milk ** and water and mix.
- Pressure cook for (manual, hi) 5 minutes, let the pressure release naturally.
- Fold in spinach and saute for a minute. Add thick cashew cream for creamier soup and mix in. Add black pepper and lemon juice. Taste and adjust salt and flavor. Serve with crackers, garlic rolls or garlic bread.
Originally posted 2019-03-12 14:01:51.