21. Chickpea Potato Soup in Instant Pot
- 1/4 cup water or broth
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/8 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme or use a tsp fresh rosemary
- 1 large potato cubed small ( I use yukon gold or white,)
- 3/4 cup carrots
- 1/2 cup other veggies like peppers mushrooms, zucchini, broccoli
- 1.25 cups cooked chickpeas or 1 15 oz can chickpeas drained
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup non dairy milk such as coconut milk almond milk or cashew milk
- 2 cups Spinach
- freshly ground black pepper for garnish , lemon juice (optional)
- Add broth in the Instant Pot on saute. Add onion and garlic cook until golden. Deglaze with a tbsp of water in between if needed. (See Stove top Saucepan instructions in Recipe note section below. )
- Add the chopped tomato and mix. Add the spices and herbs and mix in.
- Add veggies, chickpeas, salt, non dairy milk ** and water and mix.
- Pressure cook for (manual, hi) 5 minutes, let the pressure release naturally.
- Fold in spinach and saute for a minute. Add thick cashew cream for creamier soup and mix in. Add black pepper and lemon juice. Taste and adjust salt and flavor. Serve with crackers, garlic rolls or garlic bread.