10. Instant Pot Vegan Cheese Sauce
- 1 large russet potato, 320 grams, cubed
- 1 large sweet potato, 300 grams, cubed
- 2 large carrots, 170 grams, cut into rounds
- 1/4 cup cashews, raw, 35 grams
- 1 cup water, 8 oz
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1.25 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1.5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water or almond milk, 2 oz
- To your instant pot add cubed potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, cashews and 1 cup water.
- Close the pot with its lid. Press the manual/pressure cook button and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. The pressure valve should be in the sealing position.
- Let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes and then do a quick pressure release by manually moving the valve from sealing to venting position.
- Let the veggies cool down a bit and then transfer them to a high speed blender.
- Add nutritional yeast, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, turmeric, white vinegar, lemon juice and 1/4 cup of either water or almond milk.
- Pulse for 30 seconds or until the sauce is super creamy and smooth. Transfer vegan cheese sauce to serving bowl. Enjoy with chips or veggies!
If you want to spice is up: add cayenne pepper, green chilies.
To add more flavors: add in some onion powder, miso paste or tomato paste.
Originally posted 2019-03-12 14:01:51.