9. Lemon Raspberry Spritz Cookie
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2/3 cup icing sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Sweet Meyer Lemon flavoring I used Wilton or 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup icing sugar plus additional 3/4 cup
- 1 tablespoon seedless raspberry jam
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of black raspberry liquor or whole milk
LEMON SPRITZ COOKIE
Preheat oven to 350*F
Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large bowl beat together the softened butter and the icing sugar until it is light and fluffy.
Next beat in the egg, vanilla, lemon flavoring and lemon peel until combined for about 1 minute.
The dough will look somewhat curdled because of the alcohol in the lemon extract or lemon flavoring and that is o.k. Do not over beat.
Add the flour, pinch of salt and beat until combined.
Transfer the dough, one cup at a time to a pastry bag with a star tip (I used the 1M tip)
Alternately, you can also use a cookie press.
Pipe dough in a circular motion starting with a center and working your way outward forming a rose shape. (Space the cookies 1 inch apart on the cookie sheet)
Bake at 350*F for 8 to 10 minutes until the bottom is light golden brown. Let cool completely.
RASPBERRY BUTTERCREAM ICING:
In a small bowl beat 1/4 cup of softened butter for 30 seconds on medium speed. Add 1/2 cup of icing sugar, 1 tablespoon of seedless raspberry jam and 1 1/2 teaspoon of black raspberry liquor or milk and beat until combined. Gradually beat in an additional 3/4 cup of icing sugar.
Spread a generous teaspoon of icing on the flat bottom side of half of the cookies and sandwich together with the remaining cookies. (I used a piping bag with a round tip)
Dust with icing sugar.
Originally posted 2019-03-12 14:01:47.