13. Swedish Spritz
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Prepared frosting, assorted sprinkles and decorating sugars
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine the flour and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° until edges are firm and lightly browned, 12-13 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Frost and decorate as desired.
Originally posted 2019-03-12 14:01:47.