7. Peppermint Bark Spritz Snowflakes
Yields: 10 dozen cookies
- 1½ cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon peppermint extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup black onyx cocoa powder
- Ghirardelli white melting wafers
- crushed peppermint candy
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
- Add peppermint extract and eggs, one at a time, and beat until smooth.
- Gradually add flour and cocoa ½ cup at a time, mixing until a soft dough is formed.
- Fill cookie press with dough and spritz desired shapes onto an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until edges are slightly darker and set.
- Allow to cool slightly and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt white melting wafers according to package directions.
- Spread a thin layer of white chocolate on the back of each cooled cookie and dip into crushed peppermint candies.
- Allow to set completely on a sheet of parchment paper before transferring to an airtight container to store for up to one week.
Originally posted 2019-03-12 14:01:47.