19. Rose Neapolitan Spritz Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks or 226g) room temperature butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. strawberry extract
- pink gel food coloring
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- Heat oven to 400°F. Combine butter, sugar, egg and extract in mixer.
- Blend at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add flour and salt, and blend at low speed until well mixed. Divide and tint dough, if desired.
- To make Rose Cookie Spritz, insert a 1M or 2D tip into pastry bag. Fill bag with cookie dough. I found that if the dough was a bit warm (as in heated by the warmth from my hands) it was easier to pipe out these cookies.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, or until slightly golden.
To make Strawberry Spritz Cookies:
Replace vanilla extract with 1/4 teaspoon strawberry. Tint dough with pink gel food coloring.
To make Chocolate Spritz Cookies:
Replace 1/4 cup of flour with 1/4 cup of cocoa. Do not use almond extract.
Originally posted 2019-03-12 14:01:47.