8. Chocolate Dipped Strawberries Spritz Cookies
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 3-4 drops burgundy or red food coloring
- 1 cup dark chocolate melting wafers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cream together shortening and egg. Gradually mix in the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder until well combined.
- Add strawberry jam and mix well. Add food coloring to desired color.
- Put through the cookie press onto cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 8-10 minutes or until very light brown and set.
- Microwave chocolate melting wafers in 30 second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Dip half of each cookie in melted chocolate and transfer to parchment paper to set.
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week.