16. Almond Cream Spritz
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Colored sugar or finely chopped almonds
- Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extracts. Gradually beat in flour. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Using a cookie press fitted with a disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Bake until set, 8-10 minutes. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool.