6. Whole Wheat Spritz Cookie
- 1/2 Cup Butter softened at room temperature
- 1/2 Cup + 3 Tbsp Powdered sugar. sifted
- 1/4 Cup + 3 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Lemon rind grated
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp Unsweetened Vanilla almond milk at room temperature
- 1 Cup + 3 Tbsp Whole wheat pastry flour sifted (130g)
- Sprinkles for decorating
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
In a large bowl, beat together the butter, powdered sugar, and corn starch, using an electric hand mixer,on low speed until well mixed. It will be crumbly.
Add in the vanilla extract, lemon rind and a pinch of salt and beat on medium speed for 5 minutes, until light and fluffy.
Gradually beat in the almond milk, and then beat for 1 minute on high speed.
Fold the sifted flour in 1/2 cup at a time until a dough forms.
Spoon the dough into the cookie press and shoot onto 2 un-greased cookie sheets, decorating with sprinkles if desired.
Bake until just lightly golden brown, about 10-11 mins. Immediately transfer to acooling rack to finish cooling.