4. Winter Wonderland Almond Spritz Trees
Yields: 6 dozen cookies
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- green food coloring
- snowflake quins
- pearl sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cream together shortening and egg. Gradually mix in the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder until well combined.
- Add almond extract and mix well. Add food coloring to desired color.
- Put through the cookie press onto cookie sheets. Place a single snowflake quin atop each tree and sprinkle with pearl sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 10 -12 minutes or until very light brown and set.
Originally posted 2019-03-12 14:01:47.