21. Simple Spritz Cookie
- 2 1/4 cups Flour
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 cup salted Butter (if using unsalted butter, add 1/2 tsp salt)
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Colored Food Dye (if desired)
- Sprinkles if desired (if desired)
- Sift together flour & salt (if you used unsalted butter)
- Cream together sugar & butter.
- Add egg yolks & vanilla.
- Stir in the sifted flour.
- Beat well.
- Add food coloring if desired. If you want more than one color, divide the dough, add 6-8 drops of food coloring, mix very well.
- Chill dough for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Load dough into your cookie gun (assembled according to the directions of your cookie dough gun manufacturer).
- Decorate if wanted – sprinkles are best as they melt and don’t make a mess.
- Bake 7-8 minutes, until bottoms are lightly brown.
- When you pull the sheets out of the oven, allow to cookies rest on cookie sheet 1-2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- These Spritz Cookies freeze extremely well.
Makes 4 dozen Spritz Cookies
Originally posted 2019-03-12 14:01:47.