24. Roasted Zucchini Rolls with Guacamole Filling
- 3 zucchinis
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp dried coriander
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ⅔ avocado
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes, seeds removed (about 2 medium tomatoes)
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- sea salt, pepper
- Preheat the oven to 185C (365F).
- Slice the zucchinis into thin long slices and lay them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Combine all the seasoning in a small bowl (basil, rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, coriander, cayenne, sea salt, pepper) and mix to combine.
- You could also crush the herbs with mortar and pestle but that’s optional.
- Add 2 tbsp melted coconut butter and mix again with a spoon.
- Rub the seasoning mix with a spoon on all the zucchini slices, on both sides, so they’re equally covered.
- Roast them in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, then flip them and roast for 10-15 minutes more.
- The time depends on how thin the slices are, you want them to be tender and crispy on the edges but not burnt.
- While that’s cooking, make the filling.
- Mash the avocado on a small plate with a fork. It has to be ripe and soft otherwise, it won’t work.
- Add the avocado, chopped tomatoes, and the spring onion into a small bowl and mix together with a fork.
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Let the zucchini slices cool down for a few minutes.
- Then spread about a teaspoon of the filling onto them, roll them up, and secure with a toothpick
- Serve and enjoy!
Originally posted 2019-03-12 14:01:53.