13. Easy Vegan Pumpkin Soup
- 2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil for vegan
- 2 yellow onions diced
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 30 ounces canned pumpkin about 2 cans
- 30 ounces canned coconut milk
- 4 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- red chili pepper flakes to taste
- Heat a large pot on medium heat and add the ghee or oil so it coats the bottom of the pan. Cook the onions until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add in the garlic cloves and canned pumpkin. Cook for another 4-5 minutes until your entire kitchen begins to smell!
- Add in the canned coconut milk, broth, curry paste and spices (except the nutmeg, salt and peppers.) Cook on medium heat until the soup comes to a low boil. Lower the heat so the soup is simmering for another 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the heat. Pull out the bay leaves with some tongs. Add in the nutmeg, sea salt and black pepper.
- Blend the soup in a high speed blender (or with an immersion blender if you have one.) Adjust the salt and pepper according to your taste preferences.
- Serve warm and with some pomegranate seeds, pumpkin seeds and fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
Originally posted 2019-03-12 14:01:53.