16. Broccoli Tots
- 2 heaping cups bite size broccoli florets
- 1 1/4 tablespoon ground flaxseed (OR 1 large egg)
- 2 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes (in oil) (patted dry and finely chopped (optional))
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast (or 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese)
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons water and set aside.
- Fill a large pot with water and 1 tablespoon salt. Bring to a boil. Add broccoli florets to the water and blanch for 3 minutes. Drain well and dry broccoli with paper towel.
- Finely chop broccoli. Make sure the pieces are very finely chopped so they easily blend with the rest of the mixture. Alternatively, you can use a food processor and pulse the broccoli until it’s finely chopped.
- Add chopped broccoli and all remaining ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Using a soup spoon, scoop about 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoons of the mixture into the palm of your hand. Gently mold into a tater tot shape and place on the baking sheet. Repeat this step until all the mixture has been used.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until crispy and and golden brown. Serve.
These yummy broccoli tots will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.