19. Tofurky Roast
- Tofurky Roast, thawed in fridge for at least 24 hours
- 1 medium-large sweet potato, scrubbed
- 2 carrots
- 8-10 fingerling potatoes
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- pie plate or roast pan
- tin foil
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Run your Tofurky Roast under hot water to loosen to plastic casing. Use a knife to carefully remove the plastic.
- Peel and chop your carrots and sweet potatoes into large uniform pieces. Keep the pieces nice and large, they’re going to cook for a while.
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, olive oil, thyme, oregano, and rosemary.
- In a pie plate or roast pan, place your Tofurky Roast in the center and arrange your carrots, sweet potatoes, and fingerlings around the outside.
- Pour about half of the the soy sauce, oil, and herb mixture mixture over the roast, and vegetables.
- Use tin foil to tightly cover the entire pie plate.
- Place on the middle rack of your preheated oven. Cook for 1 hour. Remove tin foil, baste with remaining soy sauce, oil, and herb mixture and return to oven to bake uncovered for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- For optimal flavour and texture, use a bread knife (or other sharp, serrated knife) and slice it (shaving it would be a better word) as thin as you can. Serve with Mushroom Gravy and Cranberry Sauce.