18. Maple Cinnamon Cranberry Pear Sauce
- 1 12 oz package fresh cranberries (about 3.5 cups) (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 pear (peeled, cored and diced) (update: peeling is optional. I’ve also used apples with great success)
- Add all ingredients, except the pear, to a pot and simmer on the stove, stirring occasionally so the sauce doesn’t stick, until cranberries start to burst and the mixture gets saucy, about 20 minutes.
- Add the diced pear and continue to cook about 5 minutes more.
- Let cool.
~This cranberry sauce will keep covered in the fridge for several days.
Originally posted 2019-03-12 14:01:53.