21. Skillet Veggie and Cheese Stuffed Shells
- 27 (9 oz) jumbo pasta shells
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 large carrots, shredded
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups pasta sauce (24 oz)
- Cook pasta shells according to the package instructions, drain and rinse well with cold water. Set aside.
- While pasta is boiling, drizzle olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and saute onion, garlic, carrots and zucchini until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in spinach and saute an additional minute until all combined and transfer spinach mixture into a large bowl.
- Stir in ricotta cheese, about ¾ cup of mozzarella cheese and ¼ cup of Parmesan (the remaining cheese will be used at the end) then add salt and mix until completely combined.
- Pour pasta sauce into the skillet then fill each shell with 2 heaping tablespoons of veggie mixture.
- Arrange stuffed shells in the skillet, cover and cook on medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes until heated through. Top with remaining cheese, serve and enjoy!
Serving Size: 3 stuffed shells • Calories: 273 • Fat: 9.9 g • Saturated Fat: 3.9 g • Carbs: 34.1 g • Fiber: 5 g • Protein: 13.8 g • Sugars: 7.8 g • WW Freestyle Points: 8
Originally posted 2018-12-19 09:10:22.