25. Shrimp Fried Rice Meal Prep
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, optional
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup corn, frozen, canned or roasted
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large saucepan of 3 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, blanch green beans until bright green in color, about 2 minutes. Drain well and cool in a bowl of ice water. Drain well and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and white pepper, if using; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add shrimp, and cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste; set aside.
- Add garlic and onion to the skillet, and cook, stirring often, until onions have become translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in carrots, corn and peas. Cook, stirring constantly, until vegetables are tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in rice, green onions and soy sauce mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir in shrimp.
- Place rice mixture and green beans into meal prep containers.