8. Meal Prep Moroccan Chickpea, Sweet Potato, And Cauliflower Bowls
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 14 ounce cans chickpeas, drained and patted dry
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 1 small bunch kale, roughly torn
- 2 cups cooked couscous or quinoa
- shredded carrots, orange segments, pomegranate arils, and pistachios, for serving
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet, combine the sweet potatoes, cauliflower, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Toss well to evenly coat. Transfer to the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, the chickpeas, garlic, ginger, smoked paprika, cumin, chipotle chili powder, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Toss well to evenly coat. Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and spoon the chickpeas around the veggies. Transfer to the oven and roast for 10-15 minutes or until the chickpeas are crisped.
- In a medium bowl, massage the kale with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt.
- To assemble, divide the couscous among bowls. Top with the roasted veggies and chickpeas. Add the kale, carrots, and orange. Sprinkle with pomegranates and pistachios. Keep in the fridge. Add the avocado before serving and drizzle with lemon juice.
Originally posted 2018-12-19 09:10:22.