This Salted Caramel Cheesecake is the best you’ll ever have! The caramel sauce is my favorite and it isn’t simply drizzled on top, but it’s actually layered inside the cheesecake as well! It’s smooth, creamy and delicious! Caramel cheesecake perfection!
- 2 1/2 cups (518g) sugar
- 10 tbsp (140g) salted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups (300ml) heavy whipping cream, room temperature
- 6 tbsp (49g) all purpose flour, sifted
- To make the caramel sauce, pour the sugar into an even layer in a large saucepan.
- Heat on medium-high heat, whisking the sugar until melted. The sugar will clump up first, but will eventually completely melt. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Once the sugar has melted, stop whisking and allow to cook until the sugar has turned to a little darker amber color. You may notice a nutty aroma. The change in color will happen quickly, so don’t let it go too long or get too dark or it’ll burn. Remove the caramel from the heat.
- Add the butter and whisk until combined. The mixture will bubble up quite a bit, but keep whisking until all the butter has melted and combined.
- Slowly pour the heavy cream into the caramel and whisk until incorporated. I find it can help to add just a bit at a time until the caramel starts to thin out, then you can add the rest. Whisk until well incorporated and smooth.
- Set about 1 1/2 cups of caramel sauce aside for topping. Add the flour to the remaining caramel and set that aside.
- To make the cheesecake crust, preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Line a 9-inch (23cm) springform pan with parchment paper in the bottom and grease the sides.
- Combine the crust ingredients in a small bowl. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Cover the outsides of the pan with aluminum foil so that water from the water bath cannot get in (see how I prepare my pan for a water bath). Set prepared pan aside.
- Visit www.lifeloveandsugar.com for full instructions