1. Creamy Spinach Tomato Tortellini
- 1 bag regular sized Barilla three cheese tortellini (8 oz) or 16 oz fresh tortellini in the refrigerated section of your grocery store
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can petite diced tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1½ teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups half-and-half
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Begin by boiling your tortellini noodles until they are al dente (aka ready). Follow the directions on the bag for boiling time.
- While the tortellini is boiling, chop the spinach roughly.
- Heat a large skillet using medium heat and put the two teaspoons of minced garlic into it. Sautee it briefly until fragrant, about thirty seconds or so.
- Add into the skillet the petite diced tomatoes (undrained), spinach, salt, pepper, dried basil, and onion flakes.
- Cook and stir over medium-high heat until the mixture begins to bubble.
- In another bowl, combine the flour and half-and-half. Whisk until fairly smooth.
- Add the creamy mixture into the skillet along with the parmesan cheese.
- Heat through and reduce the heat to medium-low and continue to stir and cook until it thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Add the drained tortellini and mix together gently.
- Serve and enjoy!