7. Grilled Steak, Asparagus, and Blue Cheese Salad
- 10 oz. Flat Iron Steak (I use Certified Angus Beef® brand for best results) seasoned with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, cooked to your liking
- 4 cups butter lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2
- 1 tsp. olive oil or other oil
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 10 red onion slices
- 1/2 cup ciabatta croutons
- Dressing of your choice (I used balsamic vinaigrette)
- Season flat iron steak with salt and pepper and cook to your liking. Can be done on an outdoor grill or in a pan on the stove. Cover with foil and allow to rest while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- In a large, non-stick skillet, heat the oil over med-high heat. Add the asparagus and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until the asparagus is crisp tender. About 5 – 7 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Slice steak.
- Assemble the salad: Divide lettuce between two plates. Divide asparagus between the two plates. Divide the tomatoes, steak, blue cheese, onions, and ciabatta croutons between the two plates. Serve immediately with dressing of your choice.
Yield: 2 servings