29. Oven Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Black Garlic and Asparagus
- 1 large cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 to 8 cloves black garlic or to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound asparagus, woody ends removed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the leaves and trim the stem of the cauliflower, making sure to leave the core intact. Place the cauliflower core side down and cut it into four 1/2 inch steaks, starting from the center. You may not be able to get four steaks out of your cauliflower. Don’t throw the florets away though-season them as well.
- Spread out the cauliflower on a baking sheet. Rub butter on both sides of the cauliflower steaks and loose florets and then rub with the peeled black garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add the asparagus to the baking sheet, spreading the stalks in-between the cauliflower steaks.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Flip the cauliflower and do a little taste test to see if you need to add more salt and pepper. Place back in the oven and roast for 15 more minutes. Serve.