7. Marinara Sauce with Cheese Meatball
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 block of extra sharp cheddar cheese ((cubed))
- 1 tbsp lemon thyme
- 1 egg
- 2 white bread slices to crumble
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup Mezzetta’s Whole Garlic & Sweet Basil
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a medium size bowl, mix in ground beef, lemon thyme, egg, black pepper and crumble bread slices into the mix.
- Mix well until beef is well saturated with other ingredients.
- Cube sharp cheddar cheese about 1/2 inch each.
- Take some of the meat mixture and wrap it around one of the cubed cheese. Ensure to cover all of the cheese.
- Continue this with all of the meatballs.
- Shake the Mezzetta’s Whole Garlic & Sweet Basil sauce in the container to mix well.
- Taking a baster, add the Mezzetta’s Whole Garlic & Sweet Basil sauce into the baster.
- Carefully infuse each meatball with just enough of the sauce to fill it. It is okay if it overruns a bit.
- Using parchment paper, cover a baking sheet and evenly place the meatballs onto the sheet.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with pasta and warm Mezzetta’s Whole Garlic & Sweet Basil Sauce.