24. Mega Meatball Marinara
- 16 ounce Ground Beef
- 2 unit Eggs (ContainsEggs)
- 1 unit Zucchini
- 1 unit Yellow Onion
- 2 box Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs (ContainsWheat)
- 1 cup Polenta
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese (ContainsMilk)
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese (ContainsMilk)
- 1 tablespoon Butter (ContainsMilk)
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 4 teaspoon Olive Oil
- Wash and dry all produce. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Halve, peel, and grate onion with a box grater. Grate zucchini into a medium bowl.
- Make the meatballs : Add ground beef, panko, half the onions, 1 egg, and 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning to bowl with zucchini. (Keep the other egg for another day.) Season generously with salt (we used 1 teaspoon kosher salt) and pepper. Combine thoroughly with your hands, and form into four large meatballs.
- Bake the mega meatballs: Place meatballs on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake until no pink remains, about 20 minutes.
- Make the marinara sauce : Heat a large drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add garlic powder, remaining onions, and 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning. Toss until softened, 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and ½ cup water. Simmer over low heat until rest of meal is ready. Season to taste with up to 1 teaspoon sugar and a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Make the polenta : Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a medium pot. Once boiling, add polenta and whisk constantly until thickened. Add more water, as necessary, to reach a creamy consistency. Stir in Parmesan and 1 Tablespoon butter. Season generously with salt and pepper. TIP: If polenta firms up before you’re ready to serve, simply reheat and whisk in a bit more water.
- Finish and serve: When the mega meatballs are done, sprinkle with mozzarella and return to oven for 1-2 minutes, until fully melted. Plate the creamy polenta, and top with marinara sauce and a mega meatball. Enjoy!