18. Mozzarella-Stuffed Turkey Meatballs
- 20 oz. ground turkey
- 1/3 c. Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. loosely packed fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 4 oz. part-skim mozzarella, cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 c. marinara sauce
- Parsley leaves, for garnish
- Grated Parmesan, for garnish
- Bread, for serving
- Pasta, for serving
- In large bowl, combine turkey, bread crumbs, milk, egg, garlic, rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. With 2-tablespoon scoop, scoop turkey mixture and press 1 cube mozzarella into center, sealing meat tightly around cheese. Repeat with remaining turkey mixture and cheese.
- In 12″ skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Add turkey meatballs; cook 10 minutes or until browned on most sides. Add marinara sauce. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 12 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Garnish with parsley and Parmesan. Serve with bread or over pasta.
Make-ahead tip: Proceed with recipe through step 2. Transfer meatballs and sauce to container; refrigerate up to 2 days. Reheat gently in skillet on medium-low, about 30 minutes or until hot. Or transfer to glass or ceramic baking dish, cover with foil and reheat in 425 degrees F oven 40 minutes or until hot. Continue with step 3.
Originally posted 2019-03-12 14:02:05.