16. Linguine with Ground Turkey Meatballs and Marinara Sauce
- 20 ounce package of ground turkey
- 1/2 cup onions, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish
- salt and pepper
- 1- 24 ounce jar pasta sauce
- 1- 14.5 ounce can of basil, garlic and oregano diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces linguine, cooked according to package directions and rinsed
fresh parsley, minced for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine ground turkey, onions, garlic, basil, parsley, egg, cracker crumbs, parmesan, salt and pepper. Shape into 1 inch meatballs and place in a glass baking dish in a single layer. In a separate bowl, combine pasta sauce and diced tomatoes. Pour sauce over meatballs. Bake for 30-45 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through. Serve meatballs and sauce over linguine. Garnish with parmesan and parsley.