11. Chickpea Meatballs + Zoodle Marinara
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1/2 cup of ground flax seed meal
- Zoodles (you can buy a zucchini and do this with a vegetable spiralizer as well)
- Marinara Sauce
- Any spices you’d like to add to the chickpeas
- Open your can of chickpeas, drain and rinse.
- Pour chickpeas into a bowl and begin mashing with a fork.
- Once fully mashed, add in your 1/2 cup of ground flaxseed.
- Mix throughly and begin forming your meatball shape (if too much flaxseed go ahead and add 1-2 tablespoons of water, you want the mixture to be hard, but able to form and stay in shape).
- Spray a pan with coconut oil or any cooking oil you like and begin cooking your chickpea meatballs (they are very fragile so be careful when turning them over, they will break a tiny bit).
- Once the meatballs are done, open up your zoodles and place into a bowl with your marinara sauce. Heat in microwave for 1-2 minutes (zucchini is fine in the microwave for 30 seconds, it depends how hot you like your food and sauce to be).
- Throw everything into a bowl and enjoy!
Originally posted 2019-03-12 14:02:05.