This is a classic Chinese Egg Fried Rice recipe (蛋炒饭), made in chinese restaurant style but in the comfort of your own home. It is a quick and simple fried rice dish that is extremely easy to prepare. Only 2 eggs, some onions and light seasonings are all that you need. Tastes superb as a simple meal on its own too. The most important thing is to make sure the rice is cooked, cooled and clump-free, so that it will not stick together during the frying process. Of course, its a great way to use up leftover rice as well.
- 3 eggs beaten3 cups cooked rice, cooled1 big onion, diced2 stalks spring onion, chopped3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt1/2 tsp ground white pepper2 tbsp light soy sauce
- To start, have ready 3 cups of cooked and cooled rice (preferably left overnight). Also 3 eggs, spring onion, oil and seasonings.
- Wet your fingers and run through the rice to remove any clumps.
- Beat eggs in a bowl. Then, dice one big onion and chop some fresh spring onions. And we’re ready to fry the rice!
To cook Chinese Egg Fried Rice:
- On high setting, heat up 2 tbsp oil in wok until very hot. Swirl in the oil to coat the bottom of wok. You will actually see smoke coming out of the wok.
- Add in eggs and scramble until egg is just set. Do not overcook the eggs.
- Dish up and set aside the scrambled eggs.
- Reheat the wok. Turn the stove burner to as high as it will go.
- Add in the cooked rice. Fry the rice for about 1-2 minutes until heated through. Use the back of the ladle to gently tap and break up rice or any clumps.
- Next, add in the diced onions and continue to stir fry, mixing well. Then, add in the scrambled eggs.
- Keep stirring until the rice is evenly cooked and coated with eggs, about 2 minutes. Constantly turn the rice, otherwise the rice will burn.
- Visit Chinese Egg Fried Rice for full instructions