What do you get when carrot cake and banana bread come together? An incredible Carrot Cake Banana Bread. Don’t forget the low-fat cream cheese frosting — it’s to die for! Perfect for Easter!
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (or white whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the frosting:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8×4 or 9×5 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together whole wheat pastry flour, quick oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together together mashed banana, coconut sugar, egg, and vanilla until well combined and creamy. Add in applesauce and almond milk, then fold in carrots. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined — DO NOT OVERMIX. Gently fold in melted coconut oil and 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans.
- Visit Carrot Cake Banana Bread for full instructions
Nutrition Information. Serves: 12. Serving size: 1 slice (based on 12 slices includes cream cheese frosting). Calories: 210 | Fat: 7.5g | Saturated fat: 3.7g | Carbohydrates: 33.2g | Sugar: 14.9g | Fiber: 4.6g | Protein: 4.3g