3. White Almond Cookies
- 130 g 4.5 oz or 1/2 cup shortening
- 70 g 1/2 cup icing sugar (powdered sugar)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 80 g 1/2 cup corn starch
- 120 g 1 cup all-purpose flour or plain flour
- 60 g 2 oz almond flakes (lightly roasted)
- 1/4 tsp almond extract optional
Utensil needed: Round cookie cutter
Preheat oven to 160C / 325F, lined a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, beat shortening, icing sugar and salt, and almond extract if using, until smooth.
Add sieved corn flour and all purpose flour, follow by almond flakes. Stir till well incorporated to become a soft dough.
Roll dough between sheets of plastic until 1cm thick. Stain cookie cutter with some flour and cut into rounds. Arrange on baking sheets.
Bake in preheated oven at 160C / 325F for 20 minutes. Remove and let cool completely. Store in airtight container.