2. Chinese Almond Cookies
- 125g Unsalted butter, soften
- 170g Granulated sugar
- 1 Egg
- 200g Plain flour (all purpose flour)
- ½tsp Baking powder
- ½tsp Salt
- ½tsp Almond extract
- 150g Almond powder
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten for brushing the cookies
- 25-27 Whole blanched almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line the baking sheets with baking paper or silicone baking mat. Sift the flour and baking powder together, set aside.
- Beat together, butter, sugar and salt until light (about 2-3 minutes), add the almond extract, egg beating well after each addition. Slowly add flour and almond powder into the butter stir to combine.
- Using your hand press all the ingredient together until you get a smooth dough.
Scoop the dough with scoop #50 and roll into a ball.
Press the ball with the measuring spoon, and place the blanched almond in the center.
- Brush the cookies with beaten egg, and bake for 12-14 minutes or until the cookies are light golden, take out off the oven and let them cool completely on a wire rack.
Meanwhile reduce the oven to 150°C
Brush the egg with the beaten egg again and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the cookies turn golden brown.
Let them cool completely and keep in the airtight container, you will happy to have them around ^^.