6. Healthy Spinach Lasagna Rolls
Yield: 9 lasagna rolls
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 2 hours
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 10 ounces package frozen chopped spinach thawed and completely drained
- 1 15 ounces container fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasonings
- salt and fresh pepper
- optional 1 chicken breast cooked and diced
- 32 oz tomato sauce (I used spaghetti sauce)
- 9 Tablespoons part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 350°. Make sure you drain the spinach well. Combine spinach, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, egg, garlic, Italian seasonings, chicken, and salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Pour about 1 cup sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
Place a piece of wax paper on the counter and lay out lasagna noodles. Make sure noodles are dry by patting them with a paper towel. Take 1/3 cup of ricotta mixture and spread evenly over a noodle. Roll carefully and place seam side down onto the baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.
Ladle sauce over the noodles in the baking dish and top each one with 1 Tablespoon of mozzarella cheese. Cover baking dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes, or until cheese melts. Makes 9 rolls.
To serve, ladle a little sauce on the plate and top with lasagna roll.