19. Santa Fe Stuffed Pepper
- 3/4 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 can (28oz) Classico Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 can (15.25oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15.25oz) sweet corn, drained
- 3 cup Jasmine Rice (cooked)
- 8 fresh Sweet Red peppers
- 1 cup reduced fat Colby Jack cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Wash red peppers and slice the tops off each pepper. Remove the seeds. Stand each pepper up next to eachother in a large baking dish (13×9).
- In a large skillet, brown ground turkey until fully cooked. Drain. Return to skillet. Add cumin, salt, tomatoes, black bean and sweet corn. Simmer about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook Jasmine rice according to package.
- Add cooked rice to skillet, combining completely. Remove from heat. Fill each red pepper with turkey mixture.Cover dish with foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 40-45 minutes. Remove foil and to with cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes, until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and sprinkle with green onion pieces.
- Serve and enjoy!
Yield : 8, SERVING SIZE: 1 pepper
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 281 TOTAL FAT: 7g SATURATED FAT: 3g TRANS FAT: 0g UNSATURATED FAT: 3g CHOLESTEROL: 44mg SODIUM: 443mg CARBOHYDRATES: 34g FIBER: 4g SUGAR: 6g PROTEIN: 23g
Originally posted 2019-01-03 02:48:47.